We ran a photo competition with the Northern Ireland Local Biodiversity Officers Forum to create our 2012 calendar of Northern Ireland’s biodiversity.
The competition aimed to promote the discovery and enjoyment of our countryside and native wildlife in a responsible way. Entries submitted must have had Northern Ireland’s landscapes or natural world.
We’ll use the winning images to produce a 2012 wall calendar promoting Northern Ireland’s biodiversity.
There are two categories for entry, over 18 and under 18. Six entries will be chosen from each category to feature in the calendar.
The photographer of each of the images will receive a framed print of their image.
The competition closed at 5pm on Friday 30 September 2011.
Rules and Regulations:
- 1. The photographs must have been taken in Northern Ireland within the last 5 years.
- 2. The competition is open to all amateur photographers, excluding NIEA employees and Biodiversity Officer Forum members.
- 3. Entrants must be the sole author and owner of copyright for all photos entered.
- 4. You may enter a maximum of three photographs (Black and White or Colour).
- 5. Entries must detail name, address, contact details and age of photographer. Details of the location of where and when the image was taken must also be included.
- 6. Entrants’ images may be digitally enhanced to remove spots or scratches, but not manipulated. Judges reserve the right to exclude any image that they believe has been excessively treated so as to alter its authenticity.
- 7. Photographs must be landscape format due to the design of the calendar.
- 8. Before submitting the entry, photographers must seek the permission from anyone who is recognisable in any photograph or the permission of parents or guardians for photographs of minors or those with learning disabilities.
- 9. An NIEA-appointed panel of judges will choose the images that will appear in the calendar. Their decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- 10. By submitting images the photographer grants Northern Ireland Environment Agency the licence to use/edit /publish/broadcast the photograph in any NIEA marketing activity, including publicity purposes.
- 11. The calendar produced as a result of the competition will be free. Therefore by entering the competition you grant Northern Ireland Environment Agency a worldwide Royalty-free licence to edit, publish and use each entry in any and all media (including print and online) for publicity or news purposes.
- 12. Entrants will be notified if their image is selected for inclusion in the calendar.
- 13. The closing date for entries is Friday 30 September 2011